Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner

August 13, 2007

50 Cent's quit threat

50 Cent's quit threat50 Cent has vowed to quit music if Kanye West outsells him.

The two hip-hop stars new albums - 50's 'Curtis' and West's 'Graduation - are both released on September 11 and 50 is so confident he will win the sales war he is willing to gamble his future.

50 Cent said: "Let's raise the stakes.

"If Kanye West sells more records than 50 Cent on September 11, I'll no longer perform music. I'll write music and work with my other artists, but I won't put out any more solo albums.

"They would like to see Kanye West give me a problem because I've worked myself into a space where I've become the favourite. Everybody roots for the underdog when he goes against the favourite."

West's last album 'Late Registration' has so far sold 2.8 million - far less than 50 Cent's 'Get Rich or Die Tryin'?' which has sold almost 8 million.

50 went on to claim West's record label will even buy his album to bolster sales.

He told SOHH.com: "And I bet this: When Kanye West's sales come in, he's gonna have a 70 per cent decrease cause Def Jam is gonna buy records to keep him closer to 50 Cent.

"So watch the first week and then watch the second week. Watch his a** drop off the planet."

The Queens-born rapper - real name Curtis Jackson III - has also challenged West to a live TV debate, but his rival snubbed the showdown.

50 Cent said: "I accept the challenge. Kanye, he's not going to want to show up."

When asked about the challenge at the MTV Video Music Award nominations, West said: "What am I going to debate about? I thought it was the stupidest thing. When my album drops and 50's album drops, you're going to get a lot of good music at the same time."