Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner

April 15, 2009

Charlize Theron calls gay marriage ban 'form of apartheid'

Charlize Theron calls gay marriage banSouth Africa-born actress Charlize Theron
thinks US ban on gay marriage is another 'form of apartheid'. The Oscar-winning actress revealed that she was 'bothered' that her adopted country failed to legalise same-sex unions.

Charlize said it was this 'caveman' approach which reminded her of her native country's past apartheid laws, which marked a distinctive line between whites and non-whites. "I don't like living in an elitist world, it bothers me. I don't want to be part of an elitist sexual preference,” Contactmusic quoted her as saying.

“It bothers me, maybe it's because I come from a country where I lived under apartheid but this is a form of apartheid and I don't want to be a part of that. My ability to get married is a piece of me that I wish I could give to somebody who it would mean so much to. We should all have the chance. It's just so caveman, I can't believe we're still talking about it," she added.